LOCATION: London, United Kingdom
DATE: September 19th, 2019.
THEME: Intra-African Trade: Beyond Rhetoric and Political Commitments
The African Leadership magazine in conjunction with the African Leadership UK Limited and the Centre for Economic and Leadership Development (CELD), presents The 3RD AFRICA SUMMIT – LONDON 2019, to bring together the divergent views and thoughts, as well as insights and practical experiences of Think-Tanks, Experts, Academics, Researchers and Research scholars, Business and Political Leaders, as well as Key Stakeholders on issues relating to intra-African trade and regional integration as well as an approach to realizing the benefits and addressing the challenges of intra-African trade.
With the theme set as: Intra-African Trade: Beyond Rhetoric and Political Commitment, the 3rd Edition of the African Summit- London 2019, is an important and a timely contribution to the on-going debate on the benefits of intra-regional trade and the realization of the full implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement and other RTAs in the continent.
THE SUMMIT WILL THEREFORE REALIZE THE FOLLOWING OBJECTIVES:
- Bring together Think-Tanks, Experts, Academics, Researchers and Research scholars, Business and Political Leaders, as well as Key Stakeholders from across Africa, United States, and Europe, under one roof, to connect with another, thereby building bridges, partnerships and collaborations, as well as fostering a network and movement towards Africa’s sustainability.
- Convene a high-level panel, plenary and keynote presentations for renewed discussions and sustainable engagement by key players in Africa and other parts of the world to exchange experiences, evidence-based researches and practical approaches to boosting intra-regional trade.
- Address emerging issues and challenges that will confront the full implementation of the trade agreement.
- Celebrate some of the most influential and prominent business and political leaders, as well as policy makers in Africa, who have demonstrated leadership excellence and promoted innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability in their communities and nations.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SUMMIT
- Plenary and Keynote Presentations
- Trade and Customs- Panel Session: A discussion with the leadership of Customs and Immigration agencies, export authorities, industry professionals, and customs brokers, certified export and customs specialists, from across Africa.
- Policymakers’ Roundtable Session on Intra-Regional Trade: a high-level platform to engaging policymakers in discussions on intra-regional trade and integration.
- Trade and Investment Mission to the United Kingdom: this Mission is designed to facilitate a series of high-level sessions and private investment meetings, formidable and high net-worth investments collaborations, mutually-beneficial and effective multi-stakeholder partnerships, policy dialogues and interactions, between members of the African business community and their counterparts in the United Kingdom.
- African CEOs Roundtable: A panel session to engage leading CEOs, entrepreneurs and business leaders in discussions on various issues relating to intra-regional trade.
- A Breakout Session on “Trade Facilitation and Logistics”: A panel session key players and stakeholder in Africa’s logistics industry, to explore their knowledge and provide real-life examples from their wealth of experience on felicitating Intra-regional trade and integration in the continent.
- Award Dinner Session: Business and political leaders who have promoted innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability in their communities and nations shall be celebrated and honored with the African Business Leadership Award and Public Service Excellence Award, during this session.
- Unveiling of the African Leadership magazine’s special coverage of the summit, with cover focus as “Africa Power 100”, a listing of top individuals, public and private organisation promoting sustainability in Africa.
- Unrivalled Networking Sessions: provides you with an unparalleled opportunity to discover, develop and nurture a robust network of the highest quality business contacts across the African continent. The event provides multiple networking opportunities for African business leaders, investors and dealmakers to connect. These include matchmaking sessions dedicated to making the process of meeting investors easier, country specific sessions, sector focused events, various evening social functions and a sophisticated Event and Meeting App that allows delegates to prepare up to a month ahead for critical investment meetings. All these allow real investment deals to be originated and concluded during the course of the summit.
KEY EXPECTED PARTICIPANTS
- Heads of States and Governments
- Senior Government Officials
- Heads of African Missions to the United Kingdom
- Heads of Government Agencies and institutions
- Major Industry Titans, Leaders and Key Stakeholders
- Think-tanks, Industry Experts and International Development Institutions
- Academics, Researchers and Research scholars
OVERVIEW OF THE AFRICAN SUMMIT
The Africa Summit is a premier and annual programme of the African Leadership magazine, since 2017, that brings together Business and Political Leaders as well as Key Stakeholders under one roof to connect with one another, celebrate innovation, entrepreneurship and development in the continent, and explore diverse thoughts and perspectives on issues relations to the social, economic and environmental sustainability of Africa. While previous editions of the summit have attracted over 250 leaders from across Africa, United States and the United Kingdom, the 2019 edition promises to be even bigger with the theme set as: Boosting Growth through Intra-African Trade and Regional Integration: A Pragmatic Approach.
For more information on participation and sponsorship, please contact our office, as shown below-
African Leadership Magazine
C/O African Leadership UK Limited
Portsmouth Technopole, Kingston Crescent
Portsmouth, PO2 8FA
Tel: +44 7464 350969; +234 703 6827724
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com